Thursday, July 9, 2015

Review of Jackie Evancho Concert, Portsmouth, New Hampshire (August 6, 2014)



Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this concert. This review was written by a friend for a group of fans on Facebook. I have edited it slightly.

Hello Everyone!

Jackie started her new tour after her summer break on August 6th, 2014, in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I was very lucky to have the chance to attend this concert!
 
I'm not good at writing long and detailed reports, however, I still want to say a few words.
This was my fourth time seeing Jackie live in concert. I have probably heard recordings of the songs that she sang a thousand times, and I have seen her perform most of them 2 or 3 times in the live concerts I previously attended. However, I want to say that this time I still felt goosebumps just the same as when I heard Jackie for the first time. Jackie's voice was so powerful, I could feel the vibration under my feet. Her voice echoed inside of me. It was a breathtaking feeling!

Another incredible thing was that at this concert I still saw that little girl who won my heart a few years ago. At some points while Jackie was singing, I was mesmerized by that penetrating, pensive, shy look which I've seen thousands of times before in her videos and concerts. I could never get enough of that look! Jackie has changed, but I could still see that 10-year old little girl in her movements, her double waves, her radiant happy smiles and her sparkling eyes. It was so enjoyable!

I wish everyone could have the same delightful experience as I did! I really hope it will happen for all of you.

I also want to say that it was very nice to meet some other fans, as always! We are all on the same "Jackie Wave "!

In about two weeks, I will be at the taping of Jackie’s third PBS special in Longwood Gardens. I know it will be an incredible experience, and I hope to share it with many of you. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment